- It hydrates you – 75% of us are typically dehydrated.
- You can absorb the water better. This is demonstrated by you not feeling the water sitting heavy in your stomach like you do if you drink a glass of tap water. You also do not wee it straight out like you do with normal water.
- The water energises your cells.
- The water is alkaline with a ph of approx. 8-9 (most bottled, and Britta, water is acidic) – acidic diets can contribute towards many health problems such as osteoporosis and diabetes.
- The all-in-one multi-stage filter removes contaminates present in tap water – these include heavy metals and chlorine (see below *).
- Most alternative filtration systems take out good stuff aswell as the bad.
- The Nikken filter adds essential minerals – magnesium, potassium, calcium, manganese and sodium.
- Many filtration systems waste a lot of water – very bad for the environment and your water rates! The Nikken Pimag Filter uses 100% of the tap water.
- The Nikken filter is a countertop model – no plumbing required, quick and easy straight out the box.
- It is also therefore relatively portable and can be moved around the kitchen or house or office, or even taken on holiday.
- Very good flow rates – much quicker than many alternative brands. The system’s 5 litre tank will refill in a matter of minutes.
- Very good filter replacement rates – the filter is good for 900 litres (for a family of 4 using the system for all their drinking and cooking needs this will usually translate to about 3 months).
- The water has antioxidant effects.
- The water is oxygenated.
- The water is ionised.
- The Nikken water systems use special BPA-free non leaching plastics.
- The water activates your thirst mechanism which is normally suppressed or misinterpreted (often as hunger). The more Nikken water you drink the more you want! This helps rehydrate you quickly. Try it!
- The light velvety water tastes great – you will not enjoy tap water after tasting Nikken water.
- Drinking lots of Nikken water will fill you up making you feel like eating less (thus being an advantage as part of a weight management diet).
- At £215 for the unit plus £36 for replacement filters the Nikken system is one of the cheapest home water filtration solutions on the market. The replacement filters run at approximately 4p/litre on average, considerably cheaper than buying in bottled water.
- Tested and verified by the Water Quality Association of America with “Gold Seal Approval”.
How does it do these things?
The Nikken PiMag Waterfall system aims to convert tap water into natural spring water.
The water system contains a multi stage single filter which extracts harmful materials and adds beneficial minerals.
The water flows over a bed of mineral stones which serve to replicate a natural mountain stream.
A 1,200 gauss magnet energises and conditions the water.
Through these processes the structure of the Nikken water matches the hexagonal shape of nature (like a snowflake) and forms in microclusters so the water molecules can be absorbed easily into our cells. Tap water molecules are much more difficult for the body to process before absorption for a number of reasons; they are clumped together and contain a different mineral content to nature’s water, they contain heavy metals and other contaminants that the body needs to filter first before absorbing. Your liver is essentially doing the job the Nikken filter does. This is why we tend to pee more when we drink lots of tap water.
* In tests The Nikken PiMag Water Filter showed the following percentage reductions versus UK tap water: Arsenic 68%, Cadmium 87%, Chromium 90%, Lead 91%, Copper 87%, Nickel 83%, Aluminium 95%, Iron 73%, Mercury 96%, Chlorine 90%, Metaldehyde (pesticide) 84%, Organophosorus (pesticides) 61-97%, Acidics 70-94%, Urons 62-90%, Organochlorine (insecticides) 90-99%, Triazines (herbicides) 66-76%, Chlormequat (plant growth regulator) 72%, Trihalomethanes (THM’s) / Solvents 72-95%, Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon (PAH) 80-86%, Phosphorus 91%, Glyphosate (herbicide) 80%.
The picture below shows the effects on a sweet potato left for 5 weeks in tap water, reverse osmosis water, well water, and nikken pimag water (respectively left to right).
To learn more:
Rick Murphy compares the pH of Nikken Pimag water to various bottled waters and explains the importance of alkalinity for health and how Nikken Pimag water can help with this.
Pdf technical documents here:
Pimag Waterfall Product Test
Pimag Waterfall Leaflet
Pimag Waterfall Factsheet